FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 14, 2013
ERIE, PA – Ben FranklinTechnology Partners of Central and Northern PA announced today that the BIG IDEA Business Plan Contest is back! A grand prize of $35,000 will be awarded to one entrepreneur or tech-based startup to further develop and grow a business in NORTHWEST PENNSYLVANIA.
It’s easy to qualify for the contest. An applicant must:
• Be located in one of the seven counties served by the Erie Office: Erie, Clarion, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Warren, or Forest
• Have a new, marketable tech-business idea that includes a commercialization plan
• Have no significant sales if a product has already been developed
• Have less than 50 employees if a company has been formed
• Never received previous BFTP funding.
Examples of applicable industry sectors include, but are not limited to: green technologies; alternative energy; advanced manufacturing; medical devices, information technology; and software.
Visit bigidea.benfranklin.org or click on the contest button on our home page, http://cnp.benfranklin.org, for a complete description of the rules, entry forms, and FAQs.
The deadline for applications is 5:00 P.M. on April 19, 2013. To speak to the team at the Erie office, call 814-898-6650.
Stephen Brawley, President/CEO of Ben Franklin commented, “We believe that Northwest Pennsylvania has made huge in-roads into developing an infrastructure that supports and develops entrepreneurship. Ben Franklin has been investing in those entrepreneurs and their innovations for more than 30 years. As many of the folks who participate in our business plan competitions are taking the first important step toward starting their own companies, from our perspective, they are already winners.”