Are You a Mechanical Engineer?
This is a confidential posting for a portfolio company in the Ben Franklin Technology PArtners network. Ben Franklin is an early stage investor that invests both money and business support resources in the success of our portfolio companies. Our portfolio companies, like this firm, offer career opportunities in entrepreneurial startups throughout much of Pennsylvania. Ben Franklin Technology Partners and its portfolio companies are Equal Opportunity Employers-/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. For additional information about the Ben Franklin family of companies, contact Kate Alward 814.863.6007.
This firm is a growing manufacturer pioneering the future of the HVAC industry. We are currently building out our innovative manufacturing line and are seeking a highly qualified mechanical engineer to lead our efforts in designing and building proprietary manufacturing equipment.
We are located in a very central location with easy access to Route 30, 222, and 283. We have an onsite cafeteria, multiple lounges, break rooms, courtyards and walking paths.
- Lead new machine design development and improvements to existing proprietary equipment.
- Make recommendation on equipment purchases.
- Design automated industrial machines – including creating specifications, BOM, proposals, drawings and models.
- Create 2D and 3D CAD drawings and models, using Solidworks, Inventor, Fusion 360, AutoCAD
- Confer with vendors to source off the shelf components as well as machine shops for custom machined parts.
- Design mechanical systems and machines from concept through installation.
- Strong understanding of machine mechanics: gears, bearings, robotic fixture systems, part holding, belts, machine frames, servo slides.
- Experience with narrow web process lines – web handling equipment, web alignment, tension, unwind and rewind systems.
- Familiarity with heat treating, surface coatings, surface finishes, and material strength.
- Experience with plastic extrusion equipment, chilled rollers and supporting process line equipment.
- Knowledge of powder management and dust collection.
- Design experience with low pressure pneumatic systems (90 psi) – including valves, regulators, tubing, actuators, cylinders.
- BS in engineering, preferably mechanical engineering with minimum (5) years experience.
We invite you to send a short cover letter describing why you are interested in this job. Please make sure to include your desired salary/range in the cover letter. Send your cover letter and a resume to email@example.com; include “Sr. Mechanical Engineer” in the subject line.
- This position will remain open until filled. Cover letters and resumes are requested by April 20, 2018
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This company does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- There is no relocation allowance for this position.
- EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. On behalf of this portfolio client, Ben Franklin Transformation Business Services Network reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without advance notice, or obligation, to any party.