Ben Franklin Technology Partners Invests in 13 PA Startups!
STATE COLLEGE, PA – The Board of Directors for Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central and Northern PA recently approved investments totaling nearly $1.4 million in thirteen startups located in the Center’s 32-county footprint . While each of the companies serves different markets and are in various stages of business development, they all took the first important step in turning a good idea into a business reality by applying to Ben Franklin for funding and business mentoring.
If you need startup funding and are located in central or northern Pennsylvania, you could be eligible to receive our investment capital and business support services. Visit our website at www.cnp.benfranklin.org
The companies listed below were awarded funding:
- Sustainable Composites LLC, located in Lancaster, PA, uses a proprietary technology to extract leather fibers from tannery waste. The result is a sustainable composite material, Enspire ™, which can be used as a smart alternative to leather. Visit www.sustainablecomp.com
- Benefix, LLC, located in Lancaster, PA, developed a platform that automates and simplifies the complex process used by brokers to sell and enroll benefit products on line. Visit www.BeneFix.us
- Share Tempus, Inc., located in York, PA, developed a patent-pending Software as-a-Service product that enables property protection for owners and renters in the “sharing economy”. Visit www.sharetempus.com
- TZero R&D, LLC, located in Altoona, PA, specializes in the development and application of acoustic sensing technologies which can detect the presence of harmful gases such as hydrogen. Visit www.tzerolabs.com
- InnoH2O, LLC, located in Somerset, PA, developed a reliable, scalable, low-maintenance Laundry Water Reuse System that allows their customers to mitigate/curtail process water use in the commercial and industrial sectors. Visit www.innoh2osolutions.com
- CRIMEWATCH Technologies, Inc., located in Carlisle, PA, developed a technology that rapidly distributes information into geo-targeted communities using a connected network of controlled websites, social media sites, mobile apps, and TV Kiosks. Visit www.crimewatchtech.com
- Data Inventions, Inc., located in Erie, PA, provides a cloud-based, SaaS application that enables manufacturers to connect the data from their ERP systems and machines allowing for real-time visibility on production performance. Visit www.datainventions.com
- Institute on Health Care Directives, located in Erie, PA, guides patients in determining their end-of-life and critical care decisions and allows for the digital presentation of those wishes to be securely accessed by health care and emergency professionals. Visit www.instituteHCD.com
- Site Twenty Ten, LLC, located in Port Matilda, PA, developed a proprietary platform designed to offer flexible frameworks that help financial advisors create websites that are user friendly as well as industry compliant relative to archiving. Visit www.twentyoverten.com
- Wrivo, LLC, located in Johnstown, PA, developed a solution that allows gamers, or any computer user, to improve the precision of their hand movements while also minimizing wrist stress. Visit www.wristocat.com
- Ocunova, located in Harrisburg, PA, developed a new therapeutic treatment for diabetic related dry-eye syndrome which can result in corneal damage if not corrected. For more information, contact Mike Shine at 610-733-0446.
- SoftGenetics, LLC, located in State College, PA, is a leading provider of services to the world-wide DNA community which includes Mitotyping analysis of hair and bone fragments from cold cases, disasters, and crime scenes. Visit www.softgenetics.com
- eLoop LLC, located in State College, PA, is working with a research partner, Kemetco Research, in an attempt to commercialize a new, environmentally responsible method for separating lead from the glass used in CRTs and older-style TV and computer tubes.