Ben Franklin Technology Partners is partnering with the College of Information Sciences and Technology (IST) to offer local businesses and organizations Information Technology (IT) internships during Spring, Summer and Fall 2022 semesters.
The Ben Franklin Job Link program is working with IST’s Career Solutions team to connect IST students with local organizations in need of IT support/projects. Talented IST students can:
- Review company website for content update.
- Update and review employee access to systems to ensure security.
- Collect, enter, and clean data on Excel.
- Provide data analytics.
- Identify security issues or vulnerabilities in technology and with data access and management. (What is the risk of your programs, applications and data being hacked? Write policies in technology management for your company to keep their data secure.)
- Use coding and programming skills to create systems for company needs or improve user experiences.
- Penetration testing – also known as ethical hacking, this is an offensive approach to see if your systems are secure. Students with this skill try to “break into” your technology systems and data to see where there might be vulnerabilities.
- Set up networks, IT equipment and troubleshoot technology issues.
- Suggest improved process and improve efficiency utilizing technology.
- Project management – leading and managing a project from beginning to end. It is usually temporary project or need and often is a team-based project, a lot of stakeholders or contributors.
Please complete the attached Internship Job Description Posting form and return it to Ben Franklin’s Talent Scout, Mary Kay Williams at: email@example.com.