Central PA Company Seeks a CEO
This is a confidential posting for a portfolio company in the Ben Franklin Technology PArtners network. Ben Franklin is an early stage investor that invests both money and business support resources in the success of our portfolio companies. Our portfolio companies, like this firm, offer career opportunities in entrepreneurial startups throughout much of Pennsylvania. Ben Franklin Technology Partners and its portfolio companies are Equal Opportunity Employers-/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. For additional information about the Ben Franklin family of companies, contact Kate Alward 814.863.6007.
This firm is a Central Pennsylvania entrepreneurial company with the potential to disrupt the status quo. We design and manufacture high-tech HVAC equipment that will drastically reduce energy consumption, operating and maintenance costs to capture and capitalize on opportunities where our product can significantly reduce HVAC system operating and maintenance costs.
We have secured a foot-hold in the marketplace by bringing an innovative, patented product to life. Now the Founder-CEO, in concert with a fully engaged Board of Directors, recognizes the need for supplemental different leadership capabilities; this is the driving motivation behind hiring an innovative, strategic visionary with verifiable leadership success who can direct and scale the company through its next stages of growth.
- Working in concert with the Board, the CEO will help devise the strategic plan and build the operational infrastructure to help the company meet its growing production goals.
- Report to the board on a regular basis keep the board fully informed
- Take ownership of the business plan and modify/update to keep it in line with the company goals and present it to the board on a regular basis
- Work with the management team to devise budgets, production goals, and timelines to meet the requirements of the business plan
- Responsible for the P&L, accounting, taxes
- Responsible for hiring employees to fill key vacancies
- Engage strategic relationships with potential business partners
- Engage / develop key customers and potential customer relationships
- Drive contract review and negotiations
- Responsible for Corporate Compliance
- Responsible for Legal and Risk Management
- Responsible for promotion of world-class standards of production, safety, service, and satisfaction
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 8-10 years senior management/ownership experience in the HVAC industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 5-10 years managing a manufacturing operation. Must be familiar with production scheduling. Must have experience with product-line management, manufacturing methods, and quality control.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have extensive knowledge of accounting
- Proven track record of accurately analyzing opportunities and operating results and making appropriate bold, impactful decisions.
- Strong P&L management and high comfort level with technology and software, including use of financial, metric-driven performance reporting.
- Must have good people skills and a track record of team building
We invite you to send a short cover letter describing why you are interested in this job. Please make sure to include your desired salary/range in the cover letter. Send your cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; include “CEO” in the subject line.
- This position will remain open until filled. Cover letters and resumes are requested by April 20, 2018
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This company does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. On behalf of this portfolio client, Ben Franklin Transformation Business Services Network reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without advance notice, or obligation, to any party.