FINALISTS IN BEN FRANKLIN’S BIG IDEA CONTEST ANNOUNCED!
LANCASTER, PA – Why did dozens of people located in Lancaster and Lebanon counties enter Ben Franklin’s BIG IDEA Contest? Because they wanted to WIN! The prize money totaling $50,000 will help get an enterprising entrepreneur from startup to UP and running. Plus, the business mentoring, networking opportunities, and six month free membership to the BF TechCelerator@TheCandyFactory will be just as valuable as the cash.
This week our team had the difficult job of identifying finalists from all the great applications received. The seven startups that are moving forward in the contest will make a presentation pitch to a panel of local judges at the Candy Factory (342 North Queen Street, Lancaster, PA) on August 15, 2018. Join us in congratulating:
- James Cosentino with Craft Biotech, which provides easy-to-use analysis tools for the fermentation industry.
- Christopher Moore with Creating Moore LLC is developing an innovative technology that enables society to be better stewards of our planet’s resources.
- Henry Yaeger with Integrated Platform Services is creating a technology-enabled concierge subscription service for families to manage the care of aging adults.
- Nathan Shea with LabStrux offers cybersecurity software products primarily targeting the Department of Defense.
- Ryan Harris with Noodigs is developing a for-sale-by-owner software platform that provides greatly reduced fees and comprehensive process guidance.
- Keith Landis with Quantified Financial Solutions is developing software that allows the user/customer to view the outcomes of decisions based on current and future financial projections.
- Carolyn Martin with RIVAL 5 Game is developing a “Number Strategy Game” based on skill and chance targeting children and adults.
The largest early-stage seed investor in our region, Ben Franklin Technology Partners/CNP, (an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority) provides funding, operational assistance, and business support services to emerging tech-based companies and small, existing manufacturers for the purpose of creating and retaining jobs in Pennsylvania. Visit Ben Franklin’s website at www.cnp.benfranklin.org.