As part of the Startup Alleghenies initiative, the BF TechCelerator@Altoona provides weekly business startup boot camps and one-on-one mentoring sessions target emerging tech-entrepreneurs from the surrounding community. “Graduation” will include a pitch presentation to a panel of local professionals and potential investors. Topics that will be addressed during the eight weeks include:
- What is the Technology Idea? Intro to “2-minute Stand-up”
- Basic IP – Documentation, Public Disclosure, Patents, Trademarks etc.
- Business Model overview
- Customer Development
- Value Proposition
- Customer Segments
- Customer Relationships – Get/Keep/Grow
- 5 minute IGNITE! Presentation
- Basic Financials – Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow
- Estimating Operating & Startup Costs
- Funding Options
- Basic Legal – Business Structure & Ownership
January 23, 2018 – March 13, 2018 (8-Week Session)
The Class is 10:00 AM – Noon on Tuesdays. After lunch, there are 2 individual 1 on 1 sessions; 1:00-2:00 & 2:30-3:30.
Then, there are 4 individual 1 on 1 sessions on Wednesdays; 9:30-10:30, 11:00-12:00, 1:30-2:30 and 3:00-4:00.