Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central & Northern PA (BFTP/CNP) provides startup funding not only for potential tech-entrepreneurs and small manufacturers at the earliest stages of their concept development, but we also invest in innovative, entrepreneurial development programs that mentor and support emerging startups.
Activities and programs that accelerate a region’s early-stage deal flow help create an environment that allows those who have considered starting a tech-business to explore the likelihood of success with the benefit of professional guidance. For example, emerging entrepreneurs who participate in our tech-startup “Accelerators”, offered by the BF TechCelerators, are more likely to make an educated decision on how to move forward with their business concept and learn how to apply for startup funding.
Successful participants receive stipends to assist with initial prototyping and customer discovery expenses as well as legal and accounting advice. At the completion of the program, they also have the opportunity to pitch their business concepts to a panel of local professionals with the possibility of winning prizes totaling $10,000.
Topics that will be addressed during the ten weeks include:
- What is the Technology Idea? Intro to “2-minute Stand-up”
- Basic IP – Documentation, Public Disclosure, Patents, Trademarks etc.
- Business Model overview
- Customer Development
- Value Proposition
- Customer Segments
- Customer Relationships – Get/Keep/Grow
- Basic Financials – Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow
- Estimating Operating & Startup Costs
- Funding Options
- Basic Legal – Business Structure & Ownership
June 5, 2019 – August 14, 2019
Deadline for applications: May 21, 2019
Ben Franklin’s office in Knowledge Park
5240 Fryling Road, Erie PA 16510
Are You Eligible to Apply?
- Is your business in the concept or pre-revenue stage?
- Is there a technology component to your business idea?
- Can you attend an eight/ten-week program, once a week?
- Are you planning to commercialize your business concept?