The BF TechCelerator’s weekly business startup accelerators and one-on-one mentoring sessions target emerging tech-entrepreneurs from the university and the surrounding community. “Graduation” will include a pitch presentation to a panel of local professionals and potential investors. Topics that will be addressed during the ten weeks include:
- What is the Technology Idea? Intro to “2-minute Stand-up”
- Basic IP – Documentation, Public Disclosure, Patents, Trademarks etc.
- Business Model overview
- Customer Development
- Value Proposition
- Customer Segments
- Customer Relationships – Get/Keep/Grow
- Basic Financials – Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow
- Estimating Operating & Startup Costs
- Funding Options
- Basic Legal – Business Structure & Ownership
Tuesday, September 25, 2018 – Tuesday, December 6, 2018
Deadline to apply: September 13, 2018
(10 week program) – Applicants must be able to commit to at least eight of the ten weeks!
One-on-One mentoring available on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
200 Innovation Blvd/Room 221 – Technology Center – State College
2:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Are You Eligible to Apply?
- Is your business in the concept or pre-revenue stage?
- Is there a technology component to your business idea?
- Can you attend an eight/ten-week program, once a week?
- Are you planning to commercialize your business concept?