Don’t miss out on this no-cost opportunity! Partnering with the Invent Penn State Initiative, the BF TechCelerator@State College’s 10-week business startup boot camp targets emerging tech-entrepreneurs from the university and the surrounding community who are thinking about turning a tech-business idea into a tech startup. Business mentoring from Ben Franklin’s Transformation Business Services Network and Penn State’s Small Business Development Center is also available free of charge in one-on-one mentoring sessions. At the end of the ten weeks, successful participants make a graduation pitch presentation to a panel of local professionals and potential investors with the opportunity to win up to $10,000 to help get the business started. You will come away from this experience with a viable business model, networking contacts, and the confidence that comes from knowing if it’s the right time to move forward with your business concept.
Topics that are covered during the ten weeks include:
- What is the Technology Idea? Intro to “2-minute Stand-up”
- Basic IP – Documentation, Public Disclosure, Patents, Trademarks etc.
- Business Model overview
- Customer Development
- Value Proposition
- Customer Segments
- Customer Relationships – Get/Keep/Grow
- Basic Financials – Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow
- Estimating Operating & Startup Costs
- Funding Options
- Basic Legal – Business Structure & Ownership
Fall 2021: The once weekly sessions will run on Tuesdays, September 14, 2021 – November 30, 2021. Deadline to Apply: August 30, 2021
One-on-One mentoring available on Wednesdays and Thursdays: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM, and 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
(10 week program) – Applicants must be able to commit to at least eight of the ten weeks!
Where: Virtual Zoom Sessions and/or In-Person
Contact: Bob Dornich at 814-865-7332
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Are You Eligible to Apply?
- Is your business in the concept or pre-revenue stage?
- Is there a technology component to your business idea?
- Can you attend a ten-week program, once a week?
- Are you planning to commercialize your business concept?