The Finalists in Ben Franklin’s BIG IDEA Contest Have Been Announced!
STATE COLLEGE, PA – To help kick off the Startup Alleghenies initiative, this year Ben Franklin’s BIG IDEA contest targeted the counties located in the Southern Alleghenies and central portion of the state. The response was amazing! In less than two months, nearly 2,000 people visited the site and more than 100 uploaded the application. It was a difficult job, but out of all those who expressed interest, our preliminary judges narrowed down the pool of contestants to ten. On Friday, October 6, 2017, these entrepreneurs who have been thinking about developing or commercializing an innovative product, process, or new software application were notified that they are finalists!
- Adam Stokes with muonSoft (Blair County)
- Anthony Biddle with Siterite (Blair County)
- Heather Moyer with Crossroads Consulting (Cambria County)
- Ryan Kieta with Real Design (Cambria County)
- Justin Capouellez with Boomerang Beacon (Cambria County)
- Hunter Swisher with Phospholutions (Centre County)
- James Wang with SimplrTechnologies (Centre County)
- Donald Nixon with Nixon’s Technical Service (Clearfield County)
- Joseph DiGangi with AssureTech (Huntingdon County)
- Mark Kasterko with MT Arms (Somerset County)
This year’s cash prizes will be awarded to four winners: First Place: $25,000; Second Place; $15,000; Third Place; $7,500 and a People’s Choice Award: $2,500.
In Addition To The $25,000, The First Place Winner Will Also Receive:
- A Pre-Seed Grant from Ben Franklin www.cnp.benfranklin.org valued at up to $10,000
- A one-year pass to seminars offered by Ben Franklin’s eMarketing Learning Center http://emarketinglearningcenter.org valued at $3,000
- A free consult (and proposal prep), valued at $3,000 on how to access Federal R&D grant money from the Innovation Partnership http://innovationpartnership.net
Ben Franklin Technology Partners has been running our risk-free BIG IDEA contests for nearly 20 years. Stay tuned for more info on the contest. The winners will be announced on November 16, 2017.