FINALISTS FROM INDIANA, JEFFERSON, CLEARFIELD, AND CAMBRIA COUNTIES ANNOUNCED IN BEN FRANKLIN’S BIG IDEA CONTEST ANNOUNCED!
Over the course of the past two months, dozens of people located in the counties of Indiana, Jefferson, Clearfield, and Cambria visited BIGIDEA.BenFranklin.org to check out the rules and the easy application process for our recent $50,000 contest. This week, our team had the difficult job of identifying finalists from all the applications received from the region’s emerging tech-entrepreneurs, innovators, and small manufacturers.
Ben Franklin Technology Partners is pleased to announce the six finalists who will be moving forward to pitch for up to $50,000! Best of luck to all.
- Michael Reed, with Micro Gainz, has developed micro weight plates for barbell lifting.
- Nicole Sawyers, with Neonatal Loving Kare, has developed a patented, FDA approved neo natal positioning device, Nurture Rest.
- Anthony Caiola, with Back 40 Funding, is developing a platform that connects real estate developers with local investors using online crowdfunding.
- Sarah Boyer, with Antria, is dedicated to developing stem cell therapies that will provide patients with personalized medical care.
- Gregory Kenning, with Nanomagnetic Electronics, is developing heat integrating sensors.
- Tanvi Bharathan, with Staff Atom, is developing software that simplifies essential tasks for staffing agencies.
Stay tuned for more information on the final judging which will take place on November 19, 2020, via Zoom.
About Ben Franklin Technology Partners: The largest seed investor in our region, Ben Franklin Technology Partners (an initiative of the PA Department of Community & Economic Development and funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority) has been providing investment capital, business support services, and operational assistance to emerging tech-startups and small manufacturers for nearly 40 years. Visit cnp.benfranklin.org