Ben Franklin Invests Nearly $1 Million in PA Startups
STATE COLLEGE, PA – If you are thinking about developing a new, innovative product or process, you need to be thinking about Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central & Northern PA. We have been investing in budding entrepreneurs, researchers, software developers and small manufacturers for more than 30 years. Check out our new website at http://www.cnp.benfranklin.org
If you need #startupfundinginPA, Ben Franklin is the largest early-stage seed investor in the region. Are you located in the 32-county footprint served by our Center? You could be our next investment! The companies listed below all took the first step in turning their business ideas into a reality by simply calling 814-898-6650 and making an appointment with a Ben Franklin representative.
- In Erie, PA, AcousticSheep is developing software and phone apps that, when coupled with their latest generation of SleepPhones®, will help people get a good night’s sleep without using unreliable and expensive solutions or medication. See www.SleepPhones.com
- ApexDrop Influence Marketing, also located in Erie, PA, is a social media influence marketing platform that connects emerging fashion brands with a vetted community of influential consumers who will wear/promote their apparel on social networks. For more information, email email@example.com
- Located in State College, PA ArgentumCidalElectrics is developing a disposable, adhesive-backed cover with antimicrobial properties that can be affixed to high-touch surfaces such as hospital bed rails. For more info, www.argentumce.com
- BioMagnetic Solutions, also located in State College, has developed fifth generation Ferrofluids, which are used for faster and more highly cost-efficient clinical-scale cell isolation and separation processes in the research market. See www.BioMagneticSolutions.com
- A fast-growing company in Erie, PA, Direct Allergy has developed a turnkey operation that empowers primary care physicians to diagnose, evaluate, test, and treat allergies without outsourcing to a specialist. See www.directallergy.com
- MedStatix, located in Lancaster, PA, developed a rapidly growing SaaS-based Patient Experience Platform designed to transform the patient and provider relationship through qualitative and quantitative analytics. The MedStatix Platform provides actionable insights to the providers from the voice of their patients. See www.medstatix.com
- Located in Erie, PA, RendrFX has developed a mobile-first, cloud-based computer graphics video production platform that enables businesses and consumers to create high-quality, affordable videos through connecting with computer graphics artists. For more information, www.rendrFX.com.
- TM Filtration, a 35-year old manufacturing company in Erie, was awarded an Innovation Adoption Grant to develop computational fluid dynamics calculations that will optimize a system for removing contaminates from a gas stream after leaving the wellhead. See www.tmfiltration.com
- Located in Altoona, PA, Adiaon LLC was awarded a pre-seed investment in order to complete a prototype system that will allow for the control of access to space/equipment in secured settings at a fraction of the cost.
- Code Kit PRO, located in Erie, PA, also received a pre-seed investment that will allow them to further develop a pediatric Advanced Life Support product that gives EMT professionals a CPR platform and an equipment organizer in one unit. See www.codekitpro.com
We Inve$t in Innovation
About Ben Franklin Technology Partners:
The largest early-stage seed investor in our region, Ben Franklin Technology Partners/CNP, (an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority) provides funding, operational assistance, and business support services to emerging tech-based companies and small, existing manufacturers for the purpose of creating and retaining jobs in Pennsylvania. Contact Ben Franklin’s central office in University Park at (814) 863-4558 or see our website at www.cnp.benfranklin.org.