The BF TechCelerator @Carlisle To Award Prizes Totaling More Than $10,000!
CARLISLE, PA – On Thursday, November 7, 2013, at 3:00 p.m., six entrepreneurs will present their business plan concepts to a panel of judges (for educational purposes) as the Capstone to the Ben Franklin TechCelerator@Carlisle program. The BF TechCelerator@Carlisle is located at 453 Lincoln Street, Carlisle, PA.
The BF TechCelerator, an entrepreneurial training program developed by Ben Franklin Technology Partners/CNP (http://www.cnp.benfranklin.org) and the Capital Region Economic Development Corporation (CREDC), typically has space for five or six entrepreneurs, every two months, and provides a designated, shared workspace along with business support services. The business mentoring and entrepreneurial training boot camps offered at the location allow potential business owners to gather the information they need in order to make an informed go/no-go decision on launching a company. The six participating companies are:
- Nurse Recommended – A curated list of doctors, recommended by the nurses they work with.
- Go! Do! Recreation! – An online tool that provides a new, simple, and intuitive way to find YOUR outdoor adventures
- Ephyra – Provides branding, internal alignment and variable print solutions
- Purple Deck Media – Cloud based tool providing instant mobile application and lead generation
- GoGreenIT – electronic documentation and billing records for human services agencies
- SevenOneSeven Studios – web design & development, branding and graphic design
Ben Franklin Technology Partners/CNP, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority, provides investment capital, operational assistance, and entrepreneurial support to emerging tech-based companies and small, existing manufacturers for the purpose of creating and retaining jobs in Pennsylvania.