Job Opportunity: Marketing Associate/Manager:
A long-standing partnership between the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Penn State University, Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central and Northern PA is the largest early-stage investor and supporter of tech startups and small manufacturers in the program’s 32-county footprint. Headquartered in State College, the program has satellite offices in Erie, Harrisburg, and Johnstown.
Advance the brand of the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central and Northern Pennsylvania (BFTP/CNP). Enhance networks of support through ongoing communication of the organization’s accomplishments by marketing existing clients, and by building awareness among prospective new clients. Establish and strengthen relationships among business, community, government leaders, and the media.
- Develop marketing/branding/messaging strategies
- Produce annual program overview
- Manage media relations
- Manage website/social media
- Participate in statewide marketing efforts and support statewide legislative advocacy
- Manage PR and check presentation events
- Create video, audio, and written content
- Assist clients with marketing needs
- Administer email marketing system and implement best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ten years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations, and social media
- Master’s Degree in marketing, public relations, or another relevant field preferred
- Basic knowledge of economic development and tech startups a plus
- Outstanding writing and communications skills
- Experience in Photoshop
- Experience with an email marketing system, Salesforce, and WordPress websites
- Ability to work effectively with multiple constituents
- Ability to address challenges creatively and work quickly and accurately
- Ability to organize multiple projects and processes simultaneously
- Occasional travel required
This position description does not list all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. It reflects principal job elements. Ben Franklin Technology Partners reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.